Blue Cross Pet Hospital Senior Care Program
Your dog or cat is considered a senior pet at the age of seven years. Just like aging people, senior pets have special health care needs. With the help of our veterinarians, you can ensure that you are doing all you can to enable your older dog or cat to live a happier, healthier life.
Our Senior Care Program has TWO different levels for you to choose from. Both levels offer health care treatment designed for your aging pet at a value package fee.
- LEVEL ONE CARE:
- Level One Senior Care includes the following:
1) Complete doctor exam focusing on Senior Care needs.
2) Vaccinations (Canine Distemper, Parvovirus, and Leptospirosis vaccine) or (Feline Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus and Panleukopenia vaccine)
3) Senior Lab Panel: This lab test is performed from blood and urine samples and allows us the opportunity to attain important data regarding your pet's overall organ function. Even if your pet is healthy, this test can provide us with a "baseline" to tell us what is normal or abnormal for your pet. Baseline information also may assist us in identifying the initial stages of diseases such as diabetes or kidney disease. This panel includes a Complete Blood Count, a Comprehensive Blood Chemistry test, a Thyroid test, and a full Urinalysis test.
- LEVEL TWO CARE:
- Level Two Senior Care includes the following:
1) All treatments listed above in Level One.
2) EKG to test your pet's heart rhythm.
3) Blood Pressure Monitor.
4) Chest Radiographs - to check for heart and lung disease.
5) Schirmer Tear Test - to check for a dry eye condition.
6) Eye Tonometry (Glaucoma Check)- to test the pressure of your pet's eyes.
Our goal is to ensure that your pet will enjoy the best possible quality of life for the longest possible time. Please call us for pricing information.
View our wonderful Senior Pet Winners below!